The idea of going for diet on festive season doest appeal for many of us, but to eat sensibly is a must so that is doesn’t ruin your maintained body image. To help get benefit of from this fasting season there is need of little modification in our traditional navratri diet pattern.
Navratri Diet Tips
1. For those who fast all nine days, it is important to eat small meals at regular intervals.This will keep your metabolism in top shape.
2. Avoid fried foods and include more of yogurt, smoothies, lassi and fruits which not only will keep you full but maintain the optimum fluids in the body.
3. Keep drinking water, coconut water, lemonade(without sugar), herbal teas as much as you can. It works as a great detox.
4. Substitute sugar in sweet dish with a low calorie sweeteners or natural sugars. and keep a check on your sweet intake.
5. Instead of having namkeens and pakodas as snacks, have a handful of roasted makhanas or a handful of nuts like almonds, pistachios, walnuts or hazalnuts.
6. Dishes which require the whole milk can be cooked with skimmed milk or double toned milk.
7. Eat veggies like pumpkin and ghia (bottol guard) in different form like soups and curries to fill you up with fewer calories.
8. Instead of having namkeens and pakodas as snacks, have a handful of roasted makhanas or a handful of nuts like almonds, pistachios, walnuts or hazalnuts.
9. Lower your Cravings with low fat dairy. Drinking low fat milk,lassi and yogurt reduces your cravings to eat junk food Add cucumber, lauki or tomato to your yogurt to make it more filling.
10. Exercise portion control Keep your guilt trips to minimum by practicing portion control. Choose healthy food and keep your portions under control.
Follow above Navratri diet tips to avoid gain gain during this festive season.